The Dallas Innovation Alliance supports a multi-phased approach to Smart Cities implementation.
Initial efforts will be centered in the West End district of downtown, where a confluence of multi-modal transit, walkability, historic buildings and a burgeoning innovation district will serve as ground zero for the city as a living lab, and a three-pronged strategy will center on infrastructure, mobility and connected living.
Why the West End?
The West End fits a number of criteria that make it a natural fit for Dallas’ initial smart cities pilot project:
• Downtown location (located in the CBD)
• Growing urban residential district (live/work/play)
• Surge in redevelopment (commercial and residential)
• Highly accessible via mass transit
• Distinct and manageable footprint
• Fiber is already available in the West End area
• Historic preservation district
• Gateway between downtown and Southern Dallas (Grow South priority initiative)
• Major residential and commercial growth and presence from innovative companies
•Integrated transit solutions
•Smart Home/ Office
•Green Spaces, Urban Gardens